I keep forgetting the path to the Start Menu:
"C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"
This is the same for Windows 7 up to Windows 10, and for Server 2012 to Server 2016.
But, wouldn't it be nice to have some sort of start menu without installing some malware/spyware infested tool? Then this quick fix is for you:
- Display "Hidden items" on your C: Drive.
- Open File Explorer and browse to your C: Drive.
- On the View tab, check the "Hidden items" checkbox.
- Add a New Toolbar on your Taskbar.
- Right-click on a blank area of your Taskbar and select Toolbars > New Toolbars.
- Browse to the Start Menu\Programs folder.
- In the New Toolbar dialog box, browse to the "C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" folder.
- Click the "Select Folder" button.
- Click the "Select Folder" button to add the new Toolbar to your Taskbar.
Here's what it looks like: